Morley Library Bulletin Board and Bulk Distribution Policy
As a resource to its service area, Morley Library provides both bulletin boards
and information racks
for the posting and distribution of information related to educational,
cultural, intellectual or
charitable activities and events.
1. At the Libraryís discretion, limited space will be available for the
distribution of free, locally published brochures and newspapers which present
current and relevant news.
2. Eligible materials include those relating to activities of a civic, cultural,
educational, governmental or recreational nature produced by non-commercial,
non-profit entities located in Lake, Geauga, Ashtabula and Cuyahoga counties.
Ineligible materials include those from individuals, (including personal sales
or advertisements) or from for-profit organizations (including for-profit day
care centers and job announcements). In addition, materials promoting business
or commercial ventures, political campaigns or viewpoints, or doctrinal beliefs
will not be accepted. Materials from an individual or a for-profit group,
company, or organization will not be accepted for posting or distribution.
3. The presence in the Library of posters, brochures, flyers, or other notice
does not reflect endorsement by Library Staff or the Morley Library Board of
4. Designated Staff shall review materials submitted for distribution or
posting, and make available that which is in compliance with Morley Libraryís
Bulletin Board and Bulk Distribution Policy. Items that have not been approved
will be removed. Due to limited space, items will be accepted on a first-come
5. Items announcing and promoting Library and Library-related activities will
take precedence over other community notices.
6. All items will be removed after an eventís activity date and/or in a timely
7. Bulk publications will be accepted in limited number and assigned to specific
8. Once given to the Library for distribution, items can not be returned
9. Appeals concerning unaccepted materials may be made to the Head of Adult
Services or the Library Director.
Adopted by the Morley Library Board December 21, 2005
Amended by the Board of Trustees July 18, 2007